Friday, September 2, 2016

10 Things About Me....

So I decided I would give you 10 things about me... Some may be interesting and some... well you may just be like WTF... So here goes....

1. I absolutely LOVE fall/winter!! Not just because I can stop being depressed about my very UN-Summer ready body either! I LOVE all of the holidays that come with the fall and winter, I love cooking for each of those holidays, and having my kids friends and my friends over for them! 
** PLUS HELLO PUMPKIN SPICE EVERYTHING**

2. I am very old fashioned in alot of my beliefs and values. Dont get me wrong I have a lot of not so old fashioned things about me, I have tattoos and plans for more, but there is something about the whole 50-70's era that touches my soul. From the music to the clothes to the way of life... They can keep the mayo jello moldy things though...

3. I'm a HUGE nostalgia girl! Ok I'm a huge girl period, and maybe this goes with #2 but if something is nostalgic to me I hold on to it... Hello New Kids on the Block EVERYTHING...

4. Everyone of my kids has a disability. Not the kind you can see, but each of my little monsters, I mean angels, got that lovely trait from me. It runs the gamut from depression to anxiety to bi-polar... sad but true

5. I have more guilt than a Catholic and a Jewish grandmother put together. Guilt over EVERYTHING! Maybe it is the Italian in me...

6. I LOVE TO COOK and I absolutely plan on incorporating some of that into this blog... at some point....

7. I'm social... as long as it is on my terms.... I dislike strongly going out to clubs or places with millions of people alone... but I like having people over or going places with a few friends. 

8. I believe that EVERYONE deserves another chance. EVEN if it is the 20th one because everyone has the ability to change! Sometimes it takes a person longer to realize what they want, or what change they need to make. I will ALWAYS give people another chance.

9. I have the worlds WORST case of anxiety. It is part of what makes me me... I've had a lot of trauma and disappointment in my life, I've been abused, kidnapped, left for dead, beaten senseless, robbed, and a lot of other things. Some of these situations I could have avoided others I could not. What I have now is an overwhelming sense of anxiety about the most normal day to day activities. Even waking up in the morning and driving to work after the sun comes up takes alot of effort for me. I would rather drive in the dark... 

10. I believe in LOVE. Everything about it. I believe that everyone has a soul mate, someone that they were meant to find and love and be with. I am not going to give up on finding that person. I love the Greek mythology saying that humans were originally created with 4 arms, 4 legs, and a head with two faces. Fearing their power, Zeus split them into two separate parts condemning them to a life searching for their other half... that other half is out there... somewhere

Image result for greek mythology about soulmates



No comments:

Post a Comment